When do we collect information?
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, site or mobile apps?
You may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, city, province, postal code or other details to help you with your experience on our site or mobile apps. If you are making a purchase, our third party payment gateway service provider will collect your payment card information; we do not receive your payment card information.When you enrol for a membership, we will collect your selected membership type, date of birth and gender.
How do we use your information?
By supplying your personal information, you agree that we may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To register you as a user of oursite or mobile apps;
- To send you newsletters;
- To send and administer surveys;
- To make site/mobile app features available to you;
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To contact you (including through push notifications) regarding scheduling, class reminders, class instructor changes, or to provide you information in relation to your use of a Club Pilates membership;
- To fulfill orders from you for goods and services that you purchase from us;
- To send to you information about promotions, specials, contests and goods and services that we sell if you have opted in to receive these types of communications; and
- To administer contests and promotions for which you have opted in to receive our messages.
Disclosures and Transfers
- We generally do not sell, trade, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent.
- However, by supplying your personal information to us, you agree that we may provide your personal information:
- To Club Pilates franchisees in your area to contact you about Club Pilates memberships, products and services; and
- To any entity that purchases our business and their professional advisors, provided that they agree to strict confidentiality controls and use the information only for the purpose of assessing and completing the transaction.
- We may also transfer your personal information towebsite hosting service providers and other third party service providers(such as our point of sale/billing service provider) who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you. These service providers may contact you on our behalf, in connection with the Club Pilates business.We require that these third parties agree to keep this information confidential and only use it for the purposes for which you have given your express or implied consent to us.
- We may disclose your personal information without your consent where required or permitted by applicable law.
- Aggregated, anonymized site/mobile app visitor information that does not identify you may be used by us to monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information to optimize our site/mobile apps. This anonymous information may also be provided to other entities for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How do we protect personal information?
We use regular malware scanning software to scan our siteand mobile appson a regular basis for security holes and vulnerabilities. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of industry standard ecommerce information security measures when a user places an order, or enters, submits, or accesses their personal information.
All ecommerce transactions are processed through a third party payment gateway service provider and your payment card information is not stored or processed on our servers.
Access to your personal information
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you.
Summary information is available on request. More detailed requests which require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to our normal administrative and disbursement fees.
If we hold information about you and if you can establish that it is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. Please contact our Privacy Officer at the address below if you wish to correct any personal information that we hold about you.
Can I be denied access to my personal information?
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute.
We may deny access:
- when denial of access is required or authorized by law;
- when granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other peoples’ privacy;
- to protect our firm’s rights and property; or
- where the request is frivolous or vexatious.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain why.
We do not use your Social Insurance Number as a way of identifying or organizing the information we hold about you.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Understand and save user preferences for future visits;
- Keep track of advertisements;
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Users can visit our site anonymously, but we do collect data about who logs into their account on the site. If you disable cookies in your browser, some features of our site or mobile apps that make your site/mobile app experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.However, if you disable cookies, you can still place orders. Users can download our apps anonymously, but must create an account to use them, in which case we will collect your registration information.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our site or mobile app.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honour do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site or mobile app allow third party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioural tracking.
Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
CASL is a Canadian federal law that sets the rules for sending and receiving commercial electronic messages in Canada. We will provide a form on our site and mobile apps whereby you can opt in to receiving these types of messages. The opt in form will explain the purposes for which we send commercial electronic messages to you. You have the right to opt out of receiving commercial electronic messages at any time.
Foreign Service Providers
We may use service providers located outside of Canada to process and store personal information collected from you. These service providers are subject to laws of the countries in which they are located and those laws may provide a different level of protection for personal information than is provided under Canadian law. If you would like to receive more information about our policies and practices regarding these service providers, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address indicated below.
17877 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, California 92614